Wednesday 19 March 2014

Rimmel 60 Seconds Haul

I know that most of my posts have been baby related lately, but that doesn't mean that I've given up on buying makeup.

There have been a few bits and pieces bought on a semi regular basis.

As I mentioned in my last post, many of my polishes need to be culled as they are no longer up to the job, so my most recent purchase has been to stock up on some new nail polishes.

I did avoid nail polish for a while, but I'm over it now. My nails are looking good thanks to the baby and I want to make the most of it.

I bought a Rimmel polish last year and was worried that it had gotten somewhat thicker, but I tried it recently and it still applied reasonably well and dried fast, so I went to Boots and got nine more (on 3 for 2).

From left to right: 210 Ethereal; 262 Ring a Ring 'O Roses; 405 Rose Libertine; 440 Sun Downer; 506 Central Love Heart; 503 Mind the Gap, Victoria; 844 Out of the Blue; 843 Midnight Skinny Dip; 800 Black Out
To be perfectly honest, I have a feeling that Rimmel 60 Seconds has spoiled me for all other brands of nail polish. I really get on with this range. The brushes make application really easy and the colours just pop. The polish dries as fast as it says and lasts really well - longer than anything else I have tried.

I've only used one of the colours so far. I wore the first colour for over a week. It could have lasted longer, but I took it off today so I could enjoy my another lovely shade.

I really love this brand!

Everyone seems mad over Essie polishes, but I have tried a few and I didn't really get on with them.

I must also confess that it gives me quite a thrill to apply brand new nail polish for the first time and I truly love the way my hands look with nail polish; and I said I would never be a makeup addict. Oh well, who knew?

I still don't have the best base or top coats, which I am going to research and buy next.

Do you have any nail products you love or quick drying tips to share?
Please comment below!
I'd love to hear your thoughts.

A little update to my little update - The Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain I bought is really nice when i first put it on, but I don't recommend it if you have dry patches on your lips as it just clings to them. It also stains/dries and gives you that granny lipstick look. Don't get me wrong, I still like it, but I need to get my lips in better nick, I think.

Also, the Soap & Glory sharpie style eyeliner is terrible. It smells like bug spray. I can't even bring myself to try it a second time. I do like the Rimmel Scandaleyes sharpie eyeliner. It goes on well, has reasonably good colour pay-off and is easy to apply, even for an minimally coordinated, like me.